I’ve been blogging for a good while now and something that hits me every now and then, is blogger’s block aka, writer’s block. Sometimes things just get a little bit stale and I feel like I’ve covered every single topic I could ever think of. In this case, sometimes it’s necessary if not vital that I look elsewhere for inspiration.
Where ever I can find inspiration or from whom ever, is always a godsend and that source of inspiration can sometimes be really, really hard to find. That’s why I wanted to make this week’s Blogging Resources about things that you could possibly write about if inspiration isn’t striking you.
All of these are common posts that a lot of other bloggers write about and some are just topics that will pop into my head from time to time. You can take any one of these prompts and fit them to a certain type of topic that you want to blog about.
I’ve compiled a list of 30 prompts for when you ever need some help and here they are.
1. A recipe
2. 10 things you don’t know about me
3. A rant
5. DIY (also repurposing old things in your home)
6. Tag Post ( tag someone with questions that you have for them)
7. Informational (give information about something that other people might not know about)
8. Product Review
10. Your favorite shows on Netflix
11. Who inspires you?
12. Talk about your past
13. The Dear Me Post (what you would tell your younger self)
14. Your workout playlist
15. What you eat to stay fit, healthy, etc….
16. What are your favorite apps?
17. What kind of makeup do you use?
18. What’s the best advice someone’s ever given you?
19. Who are your favorite Bloggers?
20. Talk about the first time you fell in love
21. What makes you laugh?
22. Travel Bucket List
23. Interview another blogger
24. List your best tips and tricks for doing something
25. Do a post about a holiday
26. Bring awareness to a public issue
27. Write a letter to someone
28. What’s an obstacle in life that you’ve overcome?
29. What’s the first lesson you’ve ever learned in life?
30. Monthly Favorites
I think the best advice I was ever given in regards to blogging, was to always keep some type of notepad or journal around at all times that way when inspiration strikes (which a lot of times happens at the most inopportune times), you will have a new topic at the ready for your next post.
Well, that is it for this week’s Blogging Resources! Be sure to come back every Tuesday (or any day for something new) for a new edition of Blogging Resources and Happy Tuesday!