These days, when you turn on the news, it seems like every story is about something bad happening. When you turn on your computer and login to any of your social media accounts, the likely hood that you will encounter an internet troll is very high. Looking at all these things could make you feel like the world is an awful place to be.
I was inspired to do this post after a very bad week I had recently and after taking a step back and taking a real good look at, not the bad things in the world, but the good, I decided to make a list for me to look back on every time I get down on myself or the world and I want to share them with you.
1. Good People Do Exist
These two football players decided to sit with this guy so that he wouldn’t have to eat alone.
And This Guy:
2. Advances In Medicine
Before 1796, humans had to brave viral diseases without vaccinations. Now we have numerous vaccines which saves countless lives. Before 1846, many people had to go “under the knife” without anesthesia. As we all know, that has drastically changed for the better. New technologies are being developed every year for different types of machinery that will help to diagnose and improve our quality of life. If this isn’t a good indication that the world isn’t such a bad place, then I don’t know what is.
3. Acceptance Is More Prevalent
Many years ago divorce was considered as something that one should be ashamed of and many people suffered marriages in silence just to avoid having to go through the shame associated with divorce. Fast forward to now, people are coming out without fear, more women are identifying as feminists, and we have our first black president. I know we still aren’t where we should be as a society, but you can’t deny that we’ve made great strides in accepting diverse groups of people.
4. Dreams Do Come True
Since more people are exposed to the internet, that means that you have easier access to resources and people who can point you in the right direction to achieving that dream you have. Pretty much the only thing keeping you from living out your dreams is you. If Tyler Perry can go from being homeless to being a high paid director and actor, then you can do anything!
5. Life’s Simplest Feelings Are The Best
Whenever you have a moment where you start to feel sorry for yourself or need a simple reminder that there are things out there that, while the may be simple, are some of the best feelings in the world. Like These:
- That moment when your hot and sweaty and walk into an air conditioned room.
- Also, jumping in a hot bubble bath after a long day.
- Going to the bathroom after holding it in for a long time – haha no, I’m serious
- That first bite of dessert
- Hugging a cuddly little fur baby (in my case, my dog)
- Jumping into a cold swimming pool during a hot day
- Also, eating ice cream on a hot day
- Laying down in freshly washed sheets
- Waking up Christmas morning
- Learning a new skill and slaying it
6. Take A Look At Your Surroundings
Nothing makes me feel better than seeing the beautiful landscapes the world has to offer. Whether it be summer, spring, fall or winter, each season has it’s own distinct and beautiful atmosphere. Just LOOK:
It can be so easy to fall into the trap of thinking that every where you turn bad things are happening, so then you think the world is bad. Yes, bad things do happen but it’s important to remember that they aren’t the majority of the world. I know sometimes you have a really bad day or bad week and it’s really hard to be optimistic, but try to remember this:
- You are never as awkward as you think you are
- You are never as annoying as you think you are
- You’re never as boring as you think you are
- You are way more wanted than you give yourself credit for
Chin Up Dude!
I hope you enjoyed this post, now go out there and have a great day!!
How are you feeling today? What’s one thing you want to improve on?