Since Mother’s Day is coming up very quickly, myself and the nice people at The Crown Publishing Group, decided what better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than with the gift of a book? And this one comes free to you if you win!
The book is titled Living With Intent and it’s by Mallika Chopra. Mallika Chopra is the successful author of two previous gift books for parents, 100 Promises To My Baby and 100 Questions From My Child. She is a busy mom of two, a successful entrepreneur, and the founder and CEO of Intent.com, a successful social platform for people sharing their intents to lead a happier, healthier, and more meaningful life.
Being that she is so successful and has a very busy life; balancing her business, children, and career, the very thing that Mallika was teaching to others, she had begun to neglect in her own life. You would think that being the daughter of famous healer Deepak Chopra would make her more apt at dealing with issues such as chaos, stress, and exhaustion, but this was certainly not the case.
What’s great about Living With Intent, is that Mallika does present you with these problems but in a more practical and personal way by taking you along with her on her yearlong journey to find workable answers when feeling overwhelmed. Combined with her advice and the advice of experts she consulted with, Mallika presents you with an INTENTional action plan.
Think of Living With Intent as a road map to take you from thought to action to outcome. Out of all the women in the world, mother’s have much more of a balancing act than most people we know. It can be really hard when you, say for example, have house work to do, kids to feed, and a full time job. Mom stays so busy that she hardly has time to sit and think how can I manage all of this? That’s why you should give this to your mother as a Mother’s Day present.
Here are some examples of what you can find in her book:
- INCUBATE: Quiet your mind to tap into your deepest intentions; see where this leads.
- For example, set aside a minimum of fifteen minutes for agenda-free time. Choose to listen to a few of your favorite songs, play the piano, dance… whatever brings you joy.
- NOTICE: Become mindful of your thoughts and actions and pay attention to what they tell you about what gives you meaning and a sense of purpose—and look for signs that can point you toward your truth.
- For example, every night before going to sleep, write down or mentally review three things from the day for which you are grateful.
- TRUST: Have confidence in your inner knowing—and in the messages the universe sends you—and allow that knowledge to guide you forward.
- For example, the next time you are in a stressful situation, STOP. Stop, Take three breaths, Observe how you are feeling, and then Proceed. Trust your feelings—in your body as well as your mind.
- EXPRESS: Write down your intentions; say them out loud; or share them with others to fully embrace them and help you move ahead in your journey.
- For example, practice love through your actions for the day. Hug a loved one, call an old friend, thank the cashier at the grocery store, or smile at the garage attendant.
- NURTURE: Be gentle with yourself as you try to find your way. Intention isn’t always a straightforward path, just like life, and giving yourself opportunities to try—and fail—is often part of, and even crucial to, the process.
- For example, call an old friend or family member whom you haven’t spoken to in a long time. Reconnect, even if you are embarrassed that it has been too long.
- TAKE ACTION: Once you’ve identified an intent, or even multiple ones, don’t sit and wait for it to magically manifest; instead take the practical steps that can make each become a reality. It may be easiest to choose one intent first and set short-term goals to help you get started.
For example, identify a friend who may share a similar intent. Talk to him or her and explore pursing it together.
Living with an intentional mindset puts things into perspective so you can focus on each area of your life that needs attention. It’s my “intention” to everyday give time and attention to every aspect of my life because each aspect is equally important!
If you want to enter this contest all you have to do is enter your first and last name and your email address. The contest will run until 1:30 p.m. est. on Monday 5/11/15, and I will announce a winner on Tuesday.
- To enter you must have a valid email address and provide a first and last name.
- Must be a U.S. resident to win.
- Contest will end Monday 5/11/15 at 1:30 p.m. est.
- Winner will be selected at random.
- Prize regularly valued at $17.77
Winner: Pam @ Hey Miss Adventures
Good luck and I hope you win!
How do you live with intent? How do you find a work/life balance?
Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. By entering this contest you acknowledge your name will be announced in a future blog post.